Massage chairs have gained popularity in the recent years. These can now be considered as a type of massage tool. The client sits on this chair as the masseur delivers the massage. The various parts of these chairs are adjustable and the inclination can be maintained in order to suit the client. These chairs allow easy access to the various body parts of the massage taker such as the head, shoulders, back, arms and legs.
Features of an electronic massage chair:
The following are some of the important features of a massage chair:
- They resemble normal recliners in terms of shape, size, cushioning, and comfort.
- They are portable and can be transferred from one place to another.
- They require a source of electricity for their functioning.
- They alternate compressions and relaxations of the cushioning mimic the hand movements of the masseur, which provides a massaging effect.
- They increase the metabolism and lower the pulse rate of an individual.
- These electronic massage chairs vary from simple vibrating ones to full-fledged shiatsu effect-providing ones.
Shiatsu, which means ‘finger pressure,’ is an important bodywork based on traditional methods. The masseur studies pulse diagnosis and palpitations in this bodywork technique. Different parts of the body such as the fingers, thumbs, palms, toes and feet are used for delivering the message. This form of massage may not cure many diseases, but it surely does provide a great deal of relaxation.
Acupressure is an important technique that considers that energy flows through meridians in the body and pressing different points stimulates this energy and provides relaxation.
What pre-processes a massage?
Before opting for a spa near me in Huntington Beach, CA, the client has to carry out a body study and decide whether he or she needs the full body to be massaged or requires certain body parts to be focussed on. Not only does the client have to prepare himself or herself but the masseur too has to prepare and set the mood of the client prior to the commencement of the massage.
The aura of the room should be relaxing. The looks and the odour of the surrounding should expel positive vibes and the client must feel cool, serene and relaxed.